Click on the name of a fund to learn more about how its programs serve the residents of Calvert County.
- Preserving Southern Maryland Heritage Legacy Fund - Preserving Southern Maryland Heritage Legacy Fund is an endowment set up to support and preserve historical sites in Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s Counties. Preserve Historic Charles County Preserve Historic St. Mary’s County Preserve Historic Calvert County NewsLearn More →
- Leonard Hall Junior Naval Academy, Agency Endowment Fund - As Maryland’s premier Leadership Academy, we develop confidence and Leadership skills in a co-ed, structured, professional military environment. Our endowment fund supports scholarships for under-served youth in the Tri-County area, operating expenses, and mission-oriented programs. The focused attention from our staff, small class sizes, and less chaotic environment has proven successful for students struggling in traditional, large student body schools. NewsLearn More →
- Green Apple Grant Fund - Green Apple Grant Fund was created in 2014 to support first through eighth grade classroom teachers in Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s Counties who spend their own money on supplies for their classrooms. Established with donations from the Community Grant Fund, an anonymous retired teacher, the Kimble family and the Chaney Team Fund. Grant Details NewsLearn More →
- Deb Sheftz Memorial Scholarship Fund - The Deb Sheftz Memorial Scholarship Fund – to provide a one-year, non-recurring scholarship up to $2500/per student annually to assist the student in attending college for his/her first year. Attention will be focused on a commitment to social justice with a commitment to assisting those individuals who are disadvantaged, protecting those who are marginalized, and speaking for those without a voice. Scholarship Details NewsLearn More →
- Cody Micheal Lacey Scholarship Fund - A non-endowed fund that offers scholarships to students who are pursuing an alternative high school diploma or enrolled in a vocational and trade school in Southern Maryland. “Life is simple, it’s just not easy.“ “So tonight I’ve done a lot of thinking and figured out that all the good things in life are things you have to work the hardest for. Life can be hard but we got one chance to live it so letsLearn More →
- Alice Bowen Memorial Scholarship Fund - A non-endowed fund that offers scholarships to students graduating from the Academy of Health Professions at the Calvert County Career and Technology Academy and who are planning to continue their course of study in a Health related field.Learn More →