To provide a scholarship to a student graduating from Patuxent High School for college attendance. The scholarship is for a single year per student and will be awarded annually in the amount of $2500. The scholarship will be awarded the end of May of each year and will be paid to the educational institution for first year college expenses.
- First Week of January: Application Guidelines are announced and given to students
- First Monday of April: Applications from students due
- Senior Awards Ceremony : Award Announced to Student
The Donor and the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland together may establish criteria for their particular Scholarship Fund. The criteria cannot restrict the eligible applicants to a pool so small that it no longer constitutes a charitable class.
- The recipient must be a student of Patuxent High School.
- The recipient must be accepted to a College and be financially able, with the scholarship, to attend.
- Commitment to social justice and assisting those who are disadvantaged, protecting those who are marginalized, and speaking for those without a voice.
- The recipient is required to complete the application, including the submission of an essay or original work as described on the scholarship overview announcement, attached to this document.
- View complete details in Timeline and Guidelines