The Alice W. Bowen Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship of up to $5,000 to a Calvert County Public School graduating senior who completed the Academy of Health Professions program at the Career and Technology Academy and intends to pursue post secondary education in the area of health professions.
- February: Application and guidelines are announced and given to students
- April 7: Application from students due by 3 pm
- May 15: Award announced to student
The Donor and the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland together may establish criteria for their particular Scholarship Fund. The criteria can not restrict the eligible applicants to a pool so small that it no longer constitutes a charitable class.
- The recipient must reside in Calvert County.
- The recipient must be enrolled and graduating from the Academy of Health Professions at the Calvert County Career and Technology Academy.
- The recipient must be pursuing and enrolled in a Health Related course of study at an accredited educational institution upon high school graduation.
- The recipient must be in need of financial aid and will require proof of submitted financial aid forms.
- The recipient is required to describe his or her personal character, leadership skills and aspirations in health care industry in an essay submitted.
- View complete details in Scholarship Guidelines
Procedures for Student Applicants
- Complete the application packet and return to Mark Wilding at the Career and Technology Academy 330 Dorsey Road Prince Frederick, MD 20678 by April 7, 2017, 3 p.m.