Learn more about nonprofit organizations that serve Charles, St. Mary’s, and Calvert Counties, and how to make the most of your charitable gift in support of your community.
Find out more about:
- American Cancer Society Resource hotline 1-800-ACS(227)-2345
- Arts & Culture:
- The Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers
- Alzheimer’s Association®, National Captial Area Chapter, Southern Maryland Office
- Chaney Enterprises
- Council On Foundations
- Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center
- Maryland Community Foundation Association
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
- Local Tourism:
- 2-1-1 Maryland
Dialing 2-1-1 connects callers to specialists who assess their needs and link them to the right solutions using a comprehensive database of federal, state and local services – both government and nonprofit. 2-1-1 cuts through the confusion and helps callers connect to the service they need. For example, it helps with information about these kinds of resources:
- Basic Human Needs
- Physical and Mental Health
- Employment Support
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities
- Support for Children, Youth and Families
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations
- Community Garden Listserv
To share information on weather predictions, planting times, native plants, seed resources, tool resources and anything else under the sun that might be supportive or useful to other community garden groups in Charles County!
- The Nonprofit Institute at the College of Southern Maryland is the region’s comprehensive resource for nonprofit organizations, offering programming, networking, and consultation to enhance their effectiveness and achieve success in fulfilling their missions.
This short blog features research funded by foundations that will help people interpret events in the Middle East.