Friday, November 3, 2017, 11:30 AM
Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center, Waldorf, MD
At this annual event, we recognize the region’s philanthropists by formally inducting them into our Philanthropy Hall of Fame. The philanthropists are selected because of their lifetime commitment to making Southern Maryland the best place to live and give. The 12th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon will be held Friday, November 3 at 11:30am at the Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center in Waldorf, MD.
Commemorating the tenth anniversary of the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland, the theme of this year’s Philanthropy Day Luncheon is “Looking Forward, Giving Back.” This year’s keynote speaker will be veteran development directory and speaker Linda Gottfried, whose experience includes raising funds for the MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center Foundation, Calvert Hospice, and the Southern Maryland Regional Office of the Alzheimer’s Association National Capital Area Chapter.
Nominations were accepted through October 8, 2017 to recognize individuals, families and businesses that have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways. We are honored to induct the following into our Philanthropy Hall of Fame: Sandy O. Washington of Lifestyles, Inc., Jimmy Hayden of O’Brien Realty, Gordon Croft, and Charlotte Wilkening. For more information on this year’s inductees, please visit the Philanthropy Hall of Fame page.
Supporters: Bernie’s Frame Shop, Charles County Charitable Trust, Community Bank of the Chesapeake, CSM Non-Profit Institute,
eSKaPe Photography, O’Brien Realty, Southern Solutions, Karrie & Dave Wood
- 2017 Philanthropy Day Hall of Fame Inductees (10/22/2017)
- Nominations for 2017 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Open Today; Inductees to be Honored at 12th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon (7/7/2017)
- 2016 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/24/2016)
- 2014 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/22/2014)
- Accepting Nominations for Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon (7/18/2014)
- Community Foundation of Southern Maryland to Host 8th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon November 1, 2013 (9/20/2013)
- Julia Child Tribute Show (10/18/2012)