Friday, November 2, 2018, 11:30 AM
Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center, Waldorf, MD
At this annual event, we recognize the region’s philanthropists by formally inducting them into our Philanthropy Hall of Fame. The philanthropists are selected because of their lifetime commitment to making Southern Maryland the best place to live and give. The 13th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon will be held Friday, November 2 at 11:30am at the Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center in Waldorf, MD.
The theme of this year’s Philanthropy Day Luncheon is “Celebration of Business Philanthropy in Southern Maryland.” The keynote speaker will be the Executive Director of the Rural Maryland Council, Charlotte Davis, who brings together citizens, community-based organizations, federal, state, county and municipal government officials as well as representatives of the for-profit and nonprofit sectors to collectively address the needs of Rural Maryland communities.
How to Recognize Southern Maryland Philanthropists:
Nominations will be accepted through October 1, 2018 to recognize individuals, families and businesses that have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways.
Completed nomination forms must be returned to the Foundation by Monday, October 1st. To submit a completed downloaded nomination form, please mail it to: Community Foundation of Southern Maryland, P.O. Box 716, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622 or submit via the online form.
All nominees are based solely on nominations received. An awards selection committee with representatives from Southern Maryland nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government agencies will review each nomination.
Looking for an occasion to support the commitment to Philanthropy in Southern Maryland? Supporting this event will provide the Foundation an opportunity to highlight the outstanding work and steadfastness of members of this community.
- Presenting Sponsor – $5,000
- Platinum Sponsor – $2,500
- Gold Sponsor – $1,000
- Bronze Sponsor – $500
- Supporter – $250
- Honor/Memorialize of Philanthropic Family/Parents/Mentor – $100
To learn more about sponsorship levels and to attend the Luncheon please visit the Philanthropy Day registration and sponsorship page.
Come to support the recognition of the lifetime commitment to philanthropy in Southern Maryland. During the annual luncheon, you will witness first-hand the remarkable things that are happening in Southern Maryland. After this experience, you too will feel the need to make Southern Maryland the best place to live and give.
For details on how to attend and support our community go to the Philanthropy Day registration and sponsorship page.
For more information about National Philanthropy Day®, visit www.npdlove.com. To learn about previous Community Foundation of Southern Maryland Philanthropy Hall of Fame inductees, visit www.cfsomd.org/philanthropy-hall-of-fame/. For directions to the Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center, visit www.waldorfjcs.com/directions.
- Nominations for 2018 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Now Open; Inductees to be Honored at 13th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon (9/19/2018)
- Nominations for 2018 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Open Today; Inductees to be Honored at 13th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon (7/5/2018)
- 2017 Philanthropy Day Hall of Fame Inductees (10/22/2017)
- Nominations for 2017 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Open Today; Inductees to be Honored at 12th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon (7/7/2017)
- 2016 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/24/2016)
- 2014 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/22/2014)
- Accepting Nominations for Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon (7/18/2014)
- Community Foundation of Southern Maryland to Host 8th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon November 1, 2013 (9/20/2013)
- Julia Child Tribute Show (10/18/2012)