Friday, November 3, 2017, 11:30 AM
Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center, Waldorf, MD
At this annual event, we recognize the region’s philanthropists by formally inducting them into our Philanthropy Hall of Fame. The philanthropists are selected because of their lifetime commitment to making Southern Maryland the best place to live and give. The 12th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon will be held Friday, November 3 at 11:30am at the Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center in Waldorf, MD.
Commemorating the tenth anniversary of the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland, the theme of this year’s Philanthropy Day Luncheon is “Looking Forward, Giving Back.” This year’s keynote speaker will be veteran development directory and speaker Linda Gottfried, whose experience includes raising funds for the MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center Foundation, Calvert Hospice, and the Southern Maryland Regional Office of the Alzheimer’s Association National Capital Area Chapter.
Residents of Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary’s Counties are invited to recognize individuals, families and businesses that have given back to their communities in extraordinary ways by nominating them for induction into the Community Foundation of Southern Maryland’s Philanthropy Hall of Fame.
- Nomination Form: Download or request (240) 670-GIVE(4483)
- Submission: Mail to: Community Foundation of Southern Maryland, P.O. Box 716, Charlotte Hall, MD 20622
- Deadline: Saturday, September 30, 2017
All nominees are based solely on nominations received. An awards selection committee with representatives from Southern Maryland nonprofit organizations, businesses, and government agencies will review each nomination.
- Nominations for 2017 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Open Today; Inductees to be Honored at 12th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon (7/7/2017)
- 2016 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/24/2016)
- 2014 Philanthropy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced (10/22/2014)
- Accepting Nominations for Annual Philanthropy Awards Luncheon (7/18/2014)
- Community Foundation of Southern Maryland to Host 8th Annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon November 1, 2013 (9/20/2013)
- Julia Child Tribute Show (10/18/2012)
2016 Philanthropy Day Luncheon, 11/04/2016, Greater Waldorf Jaycees Community Center