Community Foundation Family of Fund Links
- Chaney Foundation Bull Roast Fund
- DC Area Outback Steakhouse Charity Fund
- Leadership Southern Maryland Legacy Fund
- SoMD Nonprofit Institute Fund
- United Way of Charles County Fund
- Zonta Fund and Zonta Legacy Endowment Fund
- 2-1-1 Maryland
Dialing 2-1-1 connects callers to specialists who assess their needs and link them to the right solutions using a comprehensive database of federal, state and local services - both government and nonprofit. 2-1-1 cuts through the confusion and helps callers connect to the service they need. For example, it helps with information about these kinds of resources:
- Basic Human Needs
- Physical and Mental Health
- Employment Support
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities
- Support for Children, Youth and Families
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations
- Community Garden Listserv
To share information on weather predictions, planting times, native plants, seed resources, tool resources and anything else under the sun that might be supportive or useful to other community garden groups in Charles County!
- Southern Maryland Non-Profit Listserv
The Southern Maryland Non-Profit Institute at the College of Southern Maryland has been formed to provide support for the region's non-profit organizations so that they will be better positioned to carry out their missions and increase their capacities to serve clients and causes. The Institute will enhance the effectiveness of non-profits through the provision of training, networking, and consultation services. This listserv is designed to promote communication and interaction among the Southern Maryland non-profit community.
This short blog features research funded by foundations that will help people interpret events in the Middle East.